Distant learning is a new organization of the educational process
Distance Learning is a new organization of the learning process, based on the principles of self-learning the student. The learning environment is characterized by the fact that students are often away from the teacher in space or time, while they have the opportunity at any moment to maintain a dialogue with the means of telecommunications.
• provides wide international access to the best educational courses of our university.
• substantially increases the possibility of traditional correspondence education through the formation of an educational environment in which a student independently or under the guidance of a teacher can study the material that he is interested in.
• greatly expands the range of people who have access to educational resources
• helps in gaining student skills of independent work
• reduces the cost of training
• gives the opportunity to form unique educational programs by combining courses provided by different educational institutions
• has a great social significance, since it provides an opportunity to fully meet the educational needs of the population
Distance learning is a study in which students provide a substantial part of the educational material and a significant part of the interaction with the teacher, is carried out with the use of modern information technologies: satellite communication, computer telecommunications, national and cable television, multimedia, educational systems, etc.
The special feature of DN is to give students the opportunity to independently acquire the necessary knowledge, using the advanced information resources provided by modern information technologies. Information resources: databases and knowledge, computer, including multimedia, educational and control systems, video and audio recordings, electronic libraries, along with traditional tutorials and methodological tools, create an unified distributed learning environment that is accessible to a wide range of audiences.
Conducting video and television lectures, round tables, computer video and text conferences, the possibility of frequent, even daily, consultations with the teacher through computer communications, make the interaction of students with teachers even more intense than with the traditional stationary form of training.
Intensive telecommunication interactions between students and teachers-consultants provide the opportunity to conduct seminars and business games.
Distance learning, if necessary, can include visiting students at an institution and combining them with traditional forms of study.
Dynamic, modern distance learning integrates all existing training methods and gives them a qualitatively new level.